You’re free to move with more options than ever. Now is the time to stay active while staying safe. Here are some tips to help.
As restrictions that kept us in our homes are being lifted, your health and safety remain our top priority. Movement and physical activity are essential to our health, and we support you in any way you decide to move. Whether that means returning to your fitness location, enjoying a SilverSneakers Live class virtually from home or taking a walk around the neighborhood.
When the time is right, here are some tips as you prepare to return to a participating fitness location:
Before your visit
- Call or check your fitness location’s1 website to see if they’ve implemented any new guidelines.
- Ask if there are limited hours or special times for older adults.
- Prepare yourself for a new experience. Equipment may have moved and class schedules2 may have changed.
During your visit
- Follow all recommended guidelines.
- Use touchless check-in options when available.
- Wipe down equipment with disinfectant before and after use.
- Enjoy your workout!
Tips to prevent illness3
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick and put distance between yourself and other people outside your home.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Follow your state and local government guidelines and mandates.
- Visit the gym when you feel ready and remember to keep movement (in any form) a part of your daily routine.
- Call before your first visit to hear about hours, amenities and safety precautions.
At-home fitness options
If you prefer virtual fitness options, SilverSneakers is here for you. In addition to visiting physical locations, you can also create an online account to enjoy SilverSneakers On-DemandTM videos, plus classes and workshops through SilverSneakers Live.
With SilverSneakers, you’re free to move with more options than ever. Now is the time to stay active while staying safe.
Your friends at SilverSneakers
Find a Location – Interactive location map
SilverSneakers Live – Live classes & workshops
SilverSneakers On-Demand – 200+ video library
SilverSneakers GOTM Mobile App – Workout programs & scheduler
Always talk to your doctor before starting an exercise program.
1. Participating locations (“PL”) not owned or operated by Tivity Health, Inc. or its affiliates. Use of PL facilities and amenities limited to terms and conditions of PL basic membership. Facilities and amenities vary by PL.
2. Membership includes SilverSneakers instructor-led group fitness classes. Some locations offer Members additional classes. Classes vary by location.
3. Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/index.html