Total Fat g
Total Carbohydrates g
Pair cool, crunchy vegetables—like cucumber, carrots, and broccoli—with zesty hummus for a snack that’s as yummy as it is good for you.
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch cumin
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup raw cut vegetables (such as sliced cucumber, broccoli florets, and baby carrots)
- In a blender or food processor, puree chickpeas with tahini, garlic, lemon juice, zest, cayenne, black pepper, cumin, sea salt, and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Serve with veggies.
Recipe: Cynthia Sass, M.P.H., R.D. Photo: George Karabotsos.