Total Fat g
Total Carbohydrates g
This colorful dish bursting with flavor and good-for-you ingredients requires just a quick cook and some light assembly.
- 4 ounces extra lean ground turkey
- ½ cup quartered grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup minced yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ cups torn romaine leaves or other greens
- ½ cup frozen, thawed corn
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Brown turkey in a skillet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cayenne, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice.
- Toss vegetable mixture with romaine leaves or other greens. Top with turkey, corn, and avocado.
Recipe: Cynthia Sass, M.P.H., R.D. Photo: George Karabotsos.