Total Fat g
Total Carbohydrates g
A terrific trick for faster meals: Cook a big batch of grains, like quinoa, and store it in the fridge so it’s ready to use during the week.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon ground celery seed
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 ounces canned wild Alaskan salmon
- 6 grape tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup minced yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup cooked, chilled quinoa
- In a medium sealable container, whisk together olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice, basil, garlic, celery seed, black pepper, and sea salt.
- Add salmon, vegetables, and quinoa. Seal and gently shake to coat mixture thoroughly. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Serve when desired.
Recipe: Cynthia Sass, M.P.H., R.D. Photo: George Karabotsos.