Total Fat 7.4g
Total Carbohydrates 52g
Lighten up your pasta with bright, heart-healthy ingredients.
- 1 package whole wheat or fiber-enriched spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 to 10 yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water for later use.
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium-low. Cook oregano, garlic, and onion on medium heat until soft, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add yellow tomatoes and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often. Use a fork to mash tomatoes to preferred texture. If desired, puree sauce in a blender.
- In a separate pan, sauté zucchini with grape tomatoes for 5 minutes.
- Toss pasta with zucchini-grape tomato mixture, sauce, and reserved pasta water.
- Handy Hint: Pasta water and al dente noodles make for a restaurant-quality dish. Plus, adding pasta water helps sauce bind to spaghetti.