Total Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrates 50g
No more soggy salads!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat sour cream
- Whisk together olive oil and lime juice, and divide between two jars or plastic containers. Divide the quinoa between the jars and smooth over dressing to make a layer. Add a layer of beans to each jar, followed by a layer of lettuce.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the tomato, shallot, and cilantro to make a quick salsa. Add a layer of the salsa to each jar, followed by a layer of avocado and a dollop of sour cream. Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Handy Hint: Keep salad greens from getting soggy with smart layering. Put sturdy ingredients like grains and beans on top of dressing to create a leak barrier. When you open it up and mix, the flavors will still be fresh!