Total Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrates 58g
The secret ingredient in this tasty dish: protein-rich quinoa.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 omega-3–enriched eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 bag coleslaw mix (14 oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (prepared according to package directions)
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Place 1 teaspoon of the canola oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add eggs to pan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook 2 minutes, using a spatula to break eggs into small pieces, until fully cooked. Set eggs aside and use spatula to scrape remaining bits from pan.
- Place remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 1 minute, until slightly softened. Stir in coleslaw and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pineapple and peas and cook, stirring, 2 to 3 more minutes, or until heated through.
- Transfer cooked quinoa to large serving bowl. Transfer vegetable mixture from pan into bowl with quinoa and stir in soy sauce until well combined.
- Gently stir in reserved eggs and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Handy Hint: Add tofu, shrimp, or chicken for more protein and staying power.