Total Fat g
Total Carbohydrates g
Instant and frozen foods aren’t always bad. Look for whole foods, like brown rice, prepared without additives.
4 lettuce boats
- ¼ avocado
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ tablespoon water
- 3 ounces chunk light tuna, canned in water
- 8 grape tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup finely minced yellow onion
- ½ cup instant brown rice or frozen, precooked, thawed brown rice
- 4 outer romaine leaves or other greens
- In a small food processor, puree avocado with garlic, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, black pepper, sea salt, and water until smooth.
- Toss with tuna, tomatoes, onion, and brown rice.
- Fill romaine leaves or other greens with mixture, roll up, and enjoy.
Recipe: Cynthia Sass, M.P.H., R.D. Photo: George Karabotsos.