Total Fat g
Total Carbohydrates g
Make a healthy, tasty meal fast by tossing together fresh vegetables, precooked shrimp, brown rice pasta, and Italian herbs.
- ¼ cup minced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup organic low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes (about 16), halved
- ¼ cup minced green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces frozen, precooked, peeled, deveined shrimp
- ½ cup cooked brown rice pasta
- Sauté onion in olive oil and broth in a medium pan over low heat until onion is translucent. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic, herb seasoning, black pepper, and lemon juice, and sauté until tomatoes are tender.
- Thaw shrimp by running under cold water. Add shrimp to vegetable mixture, and stir to reheat through.
- Place pasta on a plate, and top with vegetable and shrimp mixture.
Recipe: Cynthia Sass, M.P.H., R.D. Photo: George Karabotsos.