Total Fat g
Total Carbohydrates g
Simplify meal planning by picking a few key ingredients—like chicken, bell peppers, and lemons—and using them in multiple recipes.
- ¼ cup minced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup organic low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- ¼ cup minced red bell pepper
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh grated lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley or 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 ounces cooked chicken breast, sliced or diced
- ½ cup cooked wild rice
- In a medium pan over low heat, sauté onion in olive oil and half of the broth. Cook for three to five minutes.
- Add zucchini, bell pepper, remaining broth, lemon juice, lemon peel, parsley, garlic, black pepper, and sea salt to pan. Increase heat if needed, and cook for three to four minutes.
- Add chicken to pan, and cook for two minutes.
- Place rice on plate, and top with chicken and vegetable mixture.
Recipe: Cynthia Sass, M.P.H., R.D.