Total Fat g
Total Carbohydrates g
A breakfast that’s high in protein does more than power you through your morning. It also helps regulate appetite and blood sugar all day long.
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup unflavored protein powder (such as pea protein powder or grass-fed whey)
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- 1 small green apple, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together rolled oats and protein powder. Add hot water, and stir to dissolve the powder evenly into the oats.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, and ginger, and then fold in zucchini and apple to coat thoroughly. Stir into oat mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
Recipe: Cynthia Sass, M.P.H., R.D. Photo: George Karabotsos.