Total Fat g
Total Carbohydrates g
This simple, delicious breakfast hits all the marks of a balanced meal: fiber-rich vegetables, lean protein, and heart-healthy fats.
- ¼ medium avocado
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- ¼ cup minced yellow onion
- Mash avocado, and stir in cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, black pepper, and sea salt to make fresh guacamole. Chill in refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, and set aside.
- Add olive oil to small sauté pan. Sauté bell pepper and onion over low heat until tender. Remove veggies from pan, and set aside.
- Add whisked eggs to same pan, allow eggs to set for a minute, and then carefully flip one side over. Remove eggs from pan, and top with veggies and guacamole.
Recipe: Cynthia Sass, M.P.H., R.D.