Total Fat 3.5g
Total Carbohydrates 37g
Hearty meets healthy with this slimmed-down soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can pinto beans (15 oz), rinsed and drained
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 cups corn
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- In a stockpot, heat oil on medium-low. Soften onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add beans, carrot, and corn, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, paprika, stock, and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
- In a bowl, pour a ladleful of broth over yogurt and stir well. Return broth-yogurt mixture to soup. Stir and serve with whole grain bread, if desired.
- Handy Hint: If using fresh corn, toss the cobs in soup before boiling to add flavor and thicken broth.