What is the SilverSneakers Fitness Program?
SilverSneakers is a fun, energizing program that helps older adults take greater control of their health by encouraging physical activity and offering social events.
Unlock the door to greater independence and a healthier life with SilverSneakers. Health plans around the country offer our award-winning program to people who are eligible for Medicare or to group retirees. SilverSneakers provides a fitness center membership to any participating location across the country. This great benefit includes:
- access to conditioning classes, exercise equipment, pool, sauna and other available amenities
- customized SilverSneakers classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- a specially trained Program AdvisorSM at the fitness center to introduce you to SilverSneakers and help you get started
- member-only access to online support that can help you lose weight, quit smoking or reduce your stress
- SilverSneakers Steps for members without convenient access to a location. Please call 1-888-423-4632 (TTY: 711) to find out if your health plan offers SilverSneakers Steps